For thousands of years, be it oriental medicine or Ayurveda, olive oil has been recommended as the most effective natural hair care product. With all the pollution and dust taking its toll on the hair, using chemical based hair products that deteriorate the hair’s texture even more, it is important to go back to our ancient medicine and rediscover the benefits of olive oil for hair care.
Why Choose Natural Hair Care with Olive Oil
Olive oil is filled with fatty acids that coat the hair when applied. This natural coating creates a shield that keeps your hair protected and healthy. Maximum damage to the hair is evident on the outer layers. This is because of all the hair color, flat irons and blow dryers that we use on our hair regularly. This natural coating of olive oil is extremely necessary to make hair look sleek and smooth.
When you choose a bottle of olive oil for your hair, make sure that it is extra virgin, pure oil that is free from impurities that may damage your hair.
Hair Benefits from Olive Oil
There are several reasons why natural hair care with olive oil is recommended. Besides being a natural moisturizer, olive oil also has many cleansing properties that are extremely essential for the hair to become healthy. The hair benefits of olive oil are:
- It is an effective dandruff treatment: Usually, dandruff is the result of dry scalp which becomes flaky eventually. When massaged into the scalp on a regular basis, olive oil nourishes it and unleashes its moisturizing properties relieving you from dandruff naturally.
- Tames Frizzy Hair: When hair becomes dry, it tends to become brittle over a period of time. On combing this brittle hair, it becomes frizzy and unmanageable. Using olive oil only on the ends of hair after styling can go a long way in repairing frizz and making hair look neat. This solutions works especially well in winter when dryness is at its peak.
- Makes Hair Shine- Using chemical hair products and styling products only makes hair look beautiful momentarily. In reality, these chemicals strip our hair of its natural oils and reduce the shine that hair is supposed to have. Olive oil restores natural oils and provides hair benefits that are long lasting.
- Hair is Easier to Manage- Hair only becomes unmanageable when it is unhealthy. Nourishing hair with a natural product like olive oil helps as the moisture in the hair is completely saturated. This makes hair soft, tangle free and very easy to manage.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Massaging olive oil into the scalp improves blood circulation to the roots and promotes hair growth. Also, since the roots also get necessary nourishment, hair grows stronger as it grows longer.
If your dream is to have hair that has a ‘celebrity’ bounce and look to it, you need not shell out loads of money to make that happen. Make the most of natural hair care options to keep your hair beautiful and healthy.